clear and transparent pricing.
We pride ourselves on being clear and transparent, both in the scope of our instructions and what the cost will be to you.
We have always operated this ethos and when engaging with us on a legal matter you will always receive an initial client care pack that details our terms of engagement, upon which receiving you can make the decision to instruct us.
From December 2018, the Solicitor Regulation Authority (SRA) introduced the Transparency Rules. These rules set out the information authorised firms, and individuals providing services to the public from outside authorised firms, should make available to clients and potential clients. The rules aim to ensure people have accurate and relevant information about a solicitor or firm when they are considering purchasing legal services and will help members of the public and small businesses make informed choices, improving competition in the legal market.
The SRA has identified a number of service areas that it requires firms to publish cost information for on its website. The service areas that we are required to do this for are:
- the conveyance of residential real property or real estate which comprise freehold or leasehold sales or purchases; or mortgages or re-mortgages;
- the collection and distribution of assets belonging to a person following their death, where these are within the UK and the matters are not contested;
- the provision of advice and representation to employees in relation to the bringing of claims before the Employment Tribunal against an employer for unfair dismissal or wrongful dismissal.
- the provision of advice and representation to employers in relation to defending claims before the Employment Tribunal brought by an employee for unfair dismissal or wrongful dismissal;
- debt recovery up to the value of £100,000.
We are required to publish the experience and qualifications of anyone carrying out the work above including supervisors. We publish this information on the 'our people' section of this website. If you require further information do not hesitate to contact us.
We are also required to publish our complaint procedure which you will find in the 'about us' section of this website.
We have produced a number of cost information fact sheets that you can download below. Each relating to the service areas above.